geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Geronimo and JSR-237 WorkManager API for App Servers
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 00:04:47 GMT

On Jun 22, 2005, at 4:04 PM, Tyagi, Rahul wrote:

> Hello Team!!
>
> Recent version of leading app servers are supporting "JSR-237 Work
> Manager for Application Server". I believe JSR-237 is simple and
> powerful API for writing robust parallel processing application for
> managed environment. Prior to that developers used to open non
> managed threads for accomplishing parallel processing in J2EE
> container, , Obviously which is not a recommended way!!
>
> I think JSR-237 is a major step in writing scalable parallel
> processing application within managed environment.
>
> I am curious whether we have plan to support JSR-237 in future
> releases of Geronimo, If community see benefit of adding JSR-237 to
> Geronimo I can volunteer to implement JSR-237 for Geronimo.

Some of us have indicated a general interest in participating in the
JSR, and doing an implementation here at the the ASF in the Geronimo
project.  So.... Have at it.  Thanks for volunteering.  As you've
probably noticed, working with the rest of the community, especially
David Jencks, will be important.  Don't be shy about asking for
ideas, help and discussion.

geir

geirm@apache.org