geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ThreadPool GBean
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:22:24 GMT
Tyagi, Rahul wrote:
> David J.,
>
> I was looking for implementing WorkManager API (JSR-237) using
> current geronimo ThreadPool infrastructure . I think current version
> of geronimo allow to define only one ThreadPool gbean per JVM
> (Because GBEAN_INF is public static final). Which is fine, Just
> wanted to make sure that i am interpreting it right?

No quite - the GBeanMetadata in GBEAN_INFO describes a class of GBean
not a specific instance. Just as in plain Java there can be multiple
instances of any GBean; the (persistent) instance data is stored in
GBeanData objects.

> In this case we
> have to define WorkManager as new gbean and implement it to manage
> its own thread pool, Geronimo admin would have capability to
> configure multiple WorkManager gbean.

I think there is a good case for a central work manager that can be used
by anything seeking to have work done - not only the J2CA Connectors but
also the EJB and web invokers, timers.

It may be appropriate do this using the raw JSR-237 API, or we may want
to have an internal SPI and then have the 237 implementation bridge to it.

--
Jeremy