geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deployment Dependencies
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:03:30 GMT
Two separate issues here:

For the first one I would also separate the DConfigBeans from the
-builder modules. As we found before, they are used in totally separate
parts of the JSR88 model (configuration vs. build) and there is no need
to couple them together.

Also, the DConfig stuff needs to run in a disconnnected
DeploymentManager where the permissions defined by the spec do not
support starting a kernel etc. to run the builders. Separating out the
DConfig stuff would allow them to run in this mode.

For the second, one of the reasons we went with two implementations was
to allow each to take advantage of advanced features of each web
container rather than being constrained by the lowest common
denominator. I would suggest the best thing here would be to define a
set of common APIs for interfaces between the listeners, the central
container and the web applications. Then perhaps there could be a common
support infrastructure that supported the LCD but each implementation
would be able to specialize as necessary.

Basically don't force the LCD on everyone.

--
Jeremy