geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rickard Öberg <rickard.ob...@senselogic.se>
Subject Re: [picocontainer-dev] Re: ClassLoader Architecture
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:27:27 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:
> Comp A and B (in separate classloaders) can see Common-API, which can
> see the classloader that contains PicoContainer who's parent is the
> classes in rt.jar
<snip>

One thing that I have whined about before, and I'm not sure whether it's
been fixed yet, is that a component A needs to be able to have an
internal structure (component!=1 object) and it needs to be able to
expose API implementations to other components without having to expose
its own internal structure. In the discussions so far I have not seen
mention of this problem (but maybe I have simply missed it).

I have my own solution for fixing this, but I am wondering if a more
standard solution to this is available? (now or later) My own solution
is more of a best-practice use of Pico rather than an extension, and if
anyone is interested I can describe it in more detail.

It really is a big big big issue once you get either loads of components
or large components. We have both cases in our system right now.

/Rickard