geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Schmidt <schmidt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Webservices for Tomcat now integrated
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 03:27:25 GMT
Jeff,

I did check out your latest code with svn and build the assembly again.
I have now created two Geronimo folders such as d:/web/Geronimo and
d:/web/Geronimo-Tomcat. Then started d:/web/Geronimo-Tomcat (not
d:/web/Geronimo!) and it appears like Tomcat is up and running:

INFO  [JkMain] Jk running ID=0 time=0/40  config=null
INFO  [Http11Protocol] Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090
INFO  [Http11Protocol] Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090

I changed my port numbers in the wsdl document where necessary and
deployed my ear to Geronimo:

INFO  [/dW_PetStore] JSR154 unwrappedDispatchSupported=true
INFO  [JettyWebAppContext] JettyWebAppContext started
INFO  [Container] Started
WebApplicationContext[/dW_PetStore,file:/D:/web/Geronimo-Tomcat/config-store/21/dW_PetStore.war/]
INFO
[GenericEJBContainer]GenericEJBContainer'geronimo.server:EJBModule=dW_PetStore-cmp-ejb.jar,J2EEApplication=dW_PetStore,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=EntityBean,name=ProductBean'started
INFO  [GenericEJBContainer] GenericEJBContainer
'geronimo.server:EJBModule=dW_PetStore-ejb.jar,J2EEApplication=dW_PetStore,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2ee
Type=StatelessSessionBean,name=PetShopEJB' started

So this looks good as well.

However from here on I am lost: I try to browse my wsdl on
http://localhost:8090/dW_PetStore/WS?wsdl but get an 404 file not found
from Tomcat (obviously it is listening on 8090). However, I accidently
went to http://localhost:8080/dW_PetStore/WS?wsdl and the wsdl appears.
Now, I expected Tomcat to run on 8090 but not Jetty on 8080. Then I
looked into the Geronimo-Tomcat/config-store/21/dW_PetStore and my ear
is nicely sitting there.

What gets me even more confused is that the wsdl found at
http://localhost:8080/dW_PetStore/WS?wsdl is not my latest wsdl where I
inserted a comment for testing purposes...

My questions:
Is it correct that Jetty is running as well?
Where does Jetty find the old dW_PetStore application which is not
deployed on Geronimo-Tomcat, but on Geronimo?
How do I deploy to Tomcat?

Is it just me who lost it here :-)?

Regards,

Stefan

Jeff Genender wrote:

> Stefan,
>
> Try and svn update the Tomcat module...I set the necessary classloader
> on the context in one of the objects (which I didn't do before).  I
> don't know if this will fix this...but its worth a try (before I try
> your code myself).
>
> Jeff
>
> Stefan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> I posted the interesting parts into JIRA. The application itself uses
>> a db as well so maybe it is a bit too much overhead for testing a web
>> service. I think I will create some simple test cases over the
>> weekend, so you guys can use them for testing etc.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Stefan
>>
>> Jeff Genender wrote:
>>
>>> First...thanks for trying Tomcat...I need more people like yourself
>>> exercising the module.
>>>
>>> Can you open a JIRA issue on this under Tomcat and attach a zip file
>>> with
>>> all of your code, deployment descripters, etc, to the JIRA issue?  I
>>> can
>>> then work on it and find the problem.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jeff

>>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
>>> org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory.<init>(java.lang.Class