geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Schmidt <schmidt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Webservices for Tomcat now integrated
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:30:15 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Stefan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> I compiled Geronimo with Tomcat and started the server without any
>> problems.
>

> How did you do that? Could you describe what steps you did to get
> Tomcat  GBean running? I'm really confused with the term 'compiled'
> which could mean that you did more that it's described in the wiki.

Basically I followed the Wiki instructions and recompiled the assembly
freshly. (cd modules/assembly;maven -o) The problem is that I did it
offline this way maven does not download all dependencies again (saves
time and gets around the build failures I experienced).

>> The ear deploys and runs on Jetty
>

> Jetty? That struck me even stronger.

Yes, Jetty is the default web container integrated in Geronimo, Tomcat
is the alternative, that's why you have to follow the Wiki to exchange them.

>> DEBUG [BaseDeserializerFactory] Exception:
>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
>> org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory.<init>(java.lang.Class,

>> javax.xml.namespace.QName)
>>    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
>>    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source)
>>    at
>> org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseDeserializerFactory.createFactory(BaseDeserializerFactory.java:246)

>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.axis.client.TypeInfo.register(TypeInfo.java:93)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.axis.client.TypeInfo.register(TypeInfo.java:47)
>

> It happened on a client side, didn't it? Would that mean there's a
> version mismatch between the client and the server? It's just shot in
> the dark, so I might be missing the point.

No it happened on the server side. The whole webapp fails to run on Tomcat.

>> Am I compiling the Geronimo/Tomcat server with an obsolete Axis
>> distribution?
>

> You aren't. Maven takes care of the libararies and their versions.
> Unless you messed up Maven's local repository it shouldn't be possible
> you are.

Since I am compiling offline I am not so shure about that, but the axis
libs maven uses can't be more than two weeks old.

>> Also, I would really appreciate if you could have a look into
>> GERONIMO-678 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-678>
>> since you seem to be quite into the WS stuff and David is too busy to
>> look into this before JavaOne.
>

> Dave is busy?! You don't know how much stuff he can do in parallel ;)
>
>> Stefan
>

> Jacek

Stefan