geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Webservices for Tomcat now integrated
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:19:22 GMT
Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> I compiled Geronimo with Tomcat and started the server without any
> problems.

How did you do that? Could you describe what steps you did to get Tomcat
  GBean running? I'm really confused with the term 'compiled' which
could mean that you did more that it's described in the wiki.

> The ear deploys and runs on Jetty

Jetty? That struck me even stronger.

> DEBUG [BaseDeserializerFactory] Exception:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
> org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory.<init>(java.lang.Class,
> javax.xml.namespace.QName)
>    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
>    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source)
>    at
> org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseDeserializerFactory.createFactory(BaseDeserializerFactory.java:246)

>    at org.apache.geronimo.axis.client.TypeInfo.register(TypeInfo.java:93)
>    at org.apache.geronimo.axis.client.TypeInfo.register(TypeInfo.java:47)

It happened on a client side, didn't it? Would that mean there's a
version mismatch between the client and the server? It's just shot in
the dark, so I might be missing the point.

> Am I compiling the Geronimo/Tomcat server with an obsolete Axis
> distribution?

You aren't. Maven takes care of the libararies and their versions.
Unless you messed up Maven's local repository it shouldn't be possible
you are.

> Also, I would really appreciate if you could have a look into
> GERONIMO-678 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-678> since
> you seem to be quite into the WS stuff and David is too busy to look
> into this before JavaOne.

Dave is busy?! You don't know how much stuff he can do in parallel ;)

> Stefan

Jacek