geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Schmidt <schmidt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Webservices for Tomcat now integrated
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:09:15 GMT
Hi Jeff,

I compiled Geronimo with Tomcat and started the server without any
problems. Then I deployed my ear containing some jsp's, a servlet, a
session bean, two entity beans and a Web service (which passes an array
of complexTypes).

The ear deploys and runs on Jetty apart from a SOAP response problem
(see JIRA GERONIMO-678
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-678> that I filed today).
However deploying the same ear (after changing ports in the wsdl) I get
heaps of errors:

DEBUG [BaseDeserializerFactory] Exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory.<init>(java.lang.Class,
javax.xml.namespace.QName)
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseDeserializerFactory.createFactory(BaseDeserializerFactory.java:246)
    at org.apache.geronimo.axis.client.TypeInfo.register(TypeInfo.java:93)
    at org.apache.geronimo.axis.client.TypeInfo.register(TypeInfo.java:47)

The same error is thrown several more times in different line numbers of
the BaseDeserializerFactory class.

Am I compiling the Geronimo/Tomcat server with an obsolete Axis
distribution?

Also, I would really appreciate if you could have a look into
GERONIMO-678 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-678> since
you seem to be quite into the WS stuff and David is too busy to look
into this before JavaOne. I will also have a look into it over the
weekend (but I might not be experienced enough to find the cause of the
problem, what makes it worse is that there is actually no error msg).

Regards,

Stefan