geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Schmidt <>
Subject Re: Webservices for Tomcat now integrated
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:16:43 GMT
Hi Jeff,

Since I am currently working on a Servlet and EJB-based WS example on
Geronimo I am very interested in testing it. For now I have only run
some tests on Jetty, but if you could provide some information on Tomcat
I would be more than happy to test this. Could you provide your detailed
setup information?

Also, I encountered some issues for the EJB endpoint and opened JIRA
issue GERONIMO-762 so I am not sure if that has been fixed. Furthermore,
have you looked into complexTypes (and the mappings)? I have encountered
some more problems there recently.

Stefan Schmidt

Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Very cool!
> -dain
> On Jun 15, 2005, at 10:12 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>> Just announcing that webservices for Tomcat has been integrated.
>> The only caveat is for the EJB side.  Currently all webservices  will
>> go to the default Host (which for 99% of the applications is
>> fine) there needs to be some slight modifications to OpenEJB  to
>> handle virtual hosts.  JIRA issue GERONIMO-666 was opened on this.
>> However, it does appear to work with my setup. I can use some help
>> with testing this piece with both EJB and Servlet based web  services
>> with different types of applications.  So any users who  want to give
>> it a roll, it would be appreciated ;-)
>> Jeff

View raw message