geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: Quick Jetty/Tomcat configuration idea
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 06:43:27 GMT
 > Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Ugly :-) Should work. May run into problems with paths and/or resolving.
> What base are the includes relative to (hate it if you had to be in a
> specific directory)?
>
> We should make sure to include all the plans in the final distribution
> (after velocity post-processing for version info).

The include base in the example was just that...an example...I think
there are a few ways to handle it or even rename the included files to
not end in xml. ;-)

Actually I am not sure what is more ugly at this
point...commenting/uncommenting all the places to remove Jetty and add
Tomcat, or adding a couple of includes, then having only to
comment/uncomment 3 places.  Also this would provide for Tomcat to
auto-launch since its plan would be a part of the j2ee-server-plan (like
Jetty is now)...no longer needing to specifically start Tomcat from the
command line.

However...this is moot if you have (or are close to having) a
configuration builder or we just package up a Tomcat ready
j2ee-server-plan.xml/configuration.

If we weren't close to this, I was going to suggest doing the includes
so that users can swap out the web containers completely with a minimum
of commenting/uncommenting.  It also places all the Jetty and Tomcat
stuff in one location (which may be cleaner to some degree).

What do you think?

Jeff