geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Quick Jetty/Tomcat configuration idea
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 05:00:58 GMT
Jeff Genender wrote:
> I was talking with Bruce about making the Jetty/Tomcat choice a simple
> comment and uncomment task and we came up with a possible idea and wanted to
> run this by people.
>
> Can the plan parsers support the <!ENTITY> to be used as an include?

I think so. They may also include XML-Includes as well.

> Example:
>
> <!ENTITY jetty SYSTEM "includes/jetty.xml">
>
> I am sure you can start to see the idea? The idea is to remove all
> references to Jetty in the j2ee-server-plan.xml, and allow it to "include"
> the proper configuration.  We can do this for the deployer and
> runtime-deployer plans as well.  This way we only need to comment/uncomment
> just a couple of places.
>
> Is this something that is doable?  Thoughts?

Ugly :-) Should work. May run into problems with paths and/or resolving.
What base are the includes relative to (hate it if you had to be in a
specific directory)?

We should make sure to include all the plans in the final distribution
(after velocity post-processing for version info).

--
Jeremy