geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Summary checkpoint - Roadmap / Things-to-do
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 04:14:47 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:
> Jeremy Boynes wrote:

>>> This was one of my ideas...I can explain...
>>>
>>> It would be great to have a GUI tool...prefereably in Swing...that will
>>> build you a Geronimo configuration...
>>>
>>> i.e... I want OpenJB, with Tomcat, and no JMS.  Click here...clik
>>> there...Press a button...and out pop the plans...and it launches into a
>>> quick assembly.  At the end, I have my server.jar with my special
>>> configuration all built and wrapped for me.
>>>
>>> Advanced options would allow us to tweak down to the Gbean level.
>>>
>>> A great example is the Jetty vs Tomcat.  It's a PITA to uncomment and
>>> comment many different Gbeans.  It would be great to just have a GUI
>>> where I
>>> can choose a component(s), and the XML plans are complete.
>>>

>> This would be cool - this would be very similar to a JSR-88 DConfig
>> tool so could be used for apps to. Should be easy to add into the
>> Eclipse WTP plugin as well.
>

> Eclipse RCP?  http://www.eclipse.org/rcp/

That would work for a standalone one.

I was hoping that eventually the Web Tools Project would support JSR-88
DConfigBeans for editing deployment plans and that this kind of stuff
would be possible through that interface (making it easy for people to
add GBean definitions as they were configuring their applications).

--
Jeremy