geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Neal Sanche <n...@nsdev.org>
Subject Re: Best way to 'auto deploy'?
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 01:10:54 GMT
Hi Dain, and David,

Well, I'm not as experienced with Maven as I am with Ant, so that may be
the reason for my question. I will definitely give the topic a look, and
read through the maven plugin source code when I have time to see what
it's doing. Thanks for the pointers.

I am doing some in depth learning of what has occurred in Geronimo since
my attention span slipped sometime last year. I've written and deployed
my first very small JSP application with JDBC connector, and was able to
do a database query and print some results. So, being encouraged by that
I decided to understand more about the deployer, and hence my question.

I'm pretty sure my server was running the RuntimeDeployer configuration,
but since I am new to your deployment plan based deployer, I may have
done something that caused it not to be there for a while when I was
seeing the problems. I guess it's the price paid for extreme modularity,
so only experience can help me (definitely not a fault).

So far I am quite happy to be back. I'll let you know if I have questions.

Cheers.

-Neal