geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CORBA eating threads
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:59:54 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2005, at 6:45 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>
>> The CORBA implementation consumes 9 threads from the pool which  with
>> default settings can cause the EJB transport to hang.
>>
>> What is it using these threads for? Is there some bug which  prevents
>> them being returned to the pool, or are these permanent  threads it
>> needs and if so shouldn't it be allocating them directly?
>

> It is pretty simple.  The each CSS Bean deployed acquires 2 threads,
> one for the name service orb and one to start the css orb, and the
> CORBABean consumes one thread.  We have 4 CSS beans deployed and one
> CORBABean giving us a total thread usage of 9.  You can see the  thread
> dump below.

Should all of these come from the same thread pool as the non-CORBA
transport?

How does this scale, both with the number of EJBs deployed and the
number of inbound requests?

With the current setup, what criteria should a user use to size the pool?

How do we set it up so that if the pool is undersized then we get an
error rather than just have the transport hang?

--
Jeremy