geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Genender" <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject RE: Webservices for Tomcat now integrated
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 03:34:31 GMT
Stefan...you are almost there ;-)

In j2ee-deployer-plan.xml and j2ee-runtime-deployerplan.xml, there is a
Gbean called EJBBuilder.

In this, you will see an attribute defined as follows:

<attribute
name="listener">geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/g
eronimo/Server,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=JettyWebContainer</at
tribute>

Please change the JettyWebContainer to TomcatWebContainer....and the line
should look as follows:

<attribute
name="listener">geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/g
eronimo/Server,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=TomcatWebContainer</a
ttribute>

Then Tomcat should take control of the EJB webservices deployment.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Schmidt [mailto:schmidtitc@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 9:27 PM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Webservices for Tomcat now integrated

Jeff,

I did check out your latest code with svn and build the assembly again.
I have now created two Geronimo folders such as d:/web/Geronimo and
d:/web/Geronimo-Tomcat. Then started d:/web/Geronimo-Tomcat (not
d:/web/Geronimo!) and it appears like Tomcat is up and running:

INFO  [JkMain] Jk running ID=0 time=0/40  config=null INFO  [Http11Protocol]
Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090 INFO  [Http11Protocol] Starting
Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090

I changed my port numbers in the wsdl document where necessary and deployed
my ear to Geronimo:

INFO  [/dW_PetStore] JSR154 unwrappedDispatchSupported=true INFO
[JettyWebAppContext] JettyWebAppContext started INFO  [Container] Started
WebApplicationContext[/dW_PetStore,file:/D:/web/Geronimo-Tomcat/config-store
/21/dW_PetStore.war/]
INFO
[GenericEJBContainer]GenericEJBContainer'geronimo.server:EJBModule=dW_PetSto
re-cmp-ejb.jar,J2EEApplication=dW_PetStore,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=Enti
tyBean,name=ProductBean'started
INFO  [GenericEJBContainer] GenericEJBContainer
'geronimo.server:EJBModule=dW_PetStore-ejb.jar,J2EEApplication=dW_PetStore,J
2EEServer=geronimo,j2ee
Type=StatelessSessionBean,name=PetShopEJB' started

So this looks good as well.

However from here on I am lost: I try to browse my wsdl on
http://localhost:8090/dW_PetStore/WS?wsdl but get an 404 file not found from
Tomcat (obviously it is listening on 8090). However, I accidently went to
http://localhost:8080/dW_PetStore/WS?wsdl and the wsdl appears.
Now, I expected Tomcat to run on 8090 but not Jetty on 8080. Then I looked
into the Geronimo-Tomcat/config-store/21/dW_PetStore and my ear is nicely
sitting there.

What gets me even more confused is that the wsdl found at
http://localhost:8080/dW_PetStore/WS?wsdl is not my latest wsdl where I
inserted a comment for testing purposes...

My questions:
Is it correct that Jetty is running as well?
Where does Jetty find the old dW_PetStore application which is not deployed
on Geronimo-Tomcat, but on Geronimo?
How do I deploy to Tomcat?

Is it just me who lost it here :-)?

Regards,

Stefan

Jeff Genender wrote:

> Stefan,
>
> Try and svn update the Tomcat module...I set the necessary classloader
> on the context in one of the objects (which I didn't do before).  I
> don't know if this will fix this...but its worth a try (before I try
> your code myself).
>
> Jeff
>
> Stefan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> I posted the interesting parts into JIRA. The application itself uses
>> a db as well so maybe it is a bit too much overhead for testing a web
>> service. I think I will create some simple test cases over the
>> weekend, so you guys can use them for testing etc.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Stefan
>>
>> Jeff Genender wrote:
>>
>>> First...thanks for trying Tomcat...I need more people like yourself
>>> exercising the module.
>>>
>>> Can you open a JIRA issue on this under Tomcat and attach a zip file
>>> with all of your code, deployment descripters, etc, to the JIRA
>>> issue?  I can then work on it and find the problem.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jeff

>>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
>>> org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory.<init>(java.la