geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Genender" <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject RE: Webservices for Tomcat now integrated
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:22:13 GMT
First...thanks for trying Tomcat...I need more people like yourself
exercising the module.

Can you open a JIRA issue on this under Tomcat and attach a zip file with
all of your code, deployment descripters, etc, to the JIRA issue?  I can
then work on it and find the problem.

Thanks,

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Schmidt [mailto:schmidtitc@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 4:09 AM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Webservices for Tomcat now integrated

Hi Jeff,

I compiled Geronimo with Tomcat and started the server without any problems.
Then I deployed my ear containing some jsp's, a servlet, a session bean, two
entity beans and a Web service (which passes an array of complexTypes).

The ear deploys and runs on Jetty apart from a SOAP response problem (see
JIRA GERONIMO-678 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-678> that I
filed today).
However deploying the same ear (after changing ports in the wsdl) I get
heaps of errors:

DEBUG [BaseDeserializerFactory] Exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory.<init>(java.lang.Class
,
javax.xml.namespace.QName)
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseDeserializerFactory.createFactory(BaseDeser
ializerFactory.java:246)
    at org.apache.geronimo.axis.client.TypeInfo.register(TypeInfo.java:93)
    at org.apache.geronimo.axis.client.TypeInfo.register(TypeInfo.java:47)

The same error is thrown several more times in different line numbers of the
BaseDeserializerFactory class.

Am I compiling the Geronimo/Tomcat server with an obsolete Axis
distribution?

Also, I would really appreciate if you could have a look into
GERONIMO-678 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-678> since you
seem to be quite into the WS stuff and David is too busy to look into this
before JavaOne. I will also have a look into it over the weekend (but I
might not be experienced enough to find the cause of the problem, what makes
it worse is that there is actually no error msg).

Regards,

Stefan

Jeff Genender wrote:

>Hi Stefan,
>
>To set up Tomcat...look here:
>
>http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Tomcat
>

>Basically its just a lot of commenting and uncommenting in the plans,
>then rebuilding assembly again (we will be making this simpler in the
>near future).  Deploying your webservices should be nearly identical to
Jetty.