geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Genender" <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Quick Jetty/Tomcat configuration idea
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 02:39:11 GMT
I was talking with Bruce about making the Jetty/Tomcat choice a simple
comment and uncomment task and we came up with a possible idea and wanted to
run this by people.

Can the plan parsers support the <!ENTITY> to be used as an include?
Example:

<!ENTITY jetty SYSTEM "includes/jetty.xml">

I am sure you can start to see the idea? The idea is to remove all
references to Jetty in the j2ee-server-plan.xml, and allow it to "include"
the proper configuration.  We can do this for the deployer and
runtime-deployer plans as well.  This way we only need to comment/uncomment
just a couple of places.

Is this something that is doable?  Thoughts?

Jeff