geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Genender" <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject RE: Summary checkpoint - Roadmap / Things-to-do
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 02:18:20 GMT
>>Not sure what you had in mind here.  I doubt
>>you mean that XML hacking is not possible,
>>or that is would be a high tech xml editor.
>>Do you have more detailed description, or
>>better yet, can you point to some tool that
>>does what you are thinking of?

This was one of my ideas...I can explain...

It would be great to have a GUI tool...prefereably in Swing...that will
build you a Geronimo configuration...

i.e... I want OpenJB, with Tomcat, and no JMS.  Click here...clik
there...Press a button...and out pop the plans...and it launches into a
quick assembly.  At the end, I have my server.jar with my special
configuration all built and wrapped for me.

Advanced options would allow us to tweak down to the Gbean level.

A great example is the Jetty vs Tomcat.  It's a PITA to uncomment and
comment many different Gbeans.  It would be great to just have a GUI where I
can choose a component(s), and the XML plans are complete.

Jeff