geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Could not build geronimo rev 189685
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:05:26 GMT

On Jun 15, 2005, at 10:07 PM, sissonj@insession.com wrote:

> Dain, FYI, I tried changing my build to use a manually downloaded
> cglib-nodep-2.1.1 but the build fails with:
>
> java:compile:
>     [depend] Deleted 0 out of date files in 0 seconds
>     [echo] Compiling to C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo\modules\kernel/
> target/classes
>     [javac] Compiling 106 source files to C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo
> \modules\kernel\target\classes
> C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo\modules\kernel\src\java\org\apache
> \geronimo\kernel\basic\ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:27: package
> net.sf.cg
> lib.asm does not exist
> import net.sf.cglib.asm.Type;
>
> Looking in the cglib-nodep-2.1.1.jar it appears that the
> net.sf.cglib.asm package has moved to org.objectweb.asm .
>
> This wasn't mentioned in the release notes for the 2.1.1 cglib
> release, so I'm not sure if it is intentional.

Doh!  Forgot I was going to look at this.

The issue is you need to use the cglib-nodepend jar which should
contain the net.sf.cglib.asm.  CGLib uses the jarjar tool which
repackages the asm classes into a private cglib package so their
version does not conflict with a user's use of asm.  The normal
version of the cglib jar uses the org.objectweb.asm classes directly.

-dain