geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why are gbeans not serialized but the gbean attributes are?
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 13:23:32 GMT
Hi Hiram;

I will try to give a possible reason ..

Not all the attributes in the GBeans are serializable, e.g.
ClassLoader, kernel attributes
in a GBean are not serializable, and have a special meaning in the
enviorment it runs.

those so called magic attributes get the values from the enviorment ..
so serializing them do not make sense. I belive this is a reason
making attributes Serializable (only the persitant ones), but not the
GBeans,

Thanks
Srinath