geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Serialization Vs. XML
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 02:07:37 GMT

On May 19, 2005, at 6:55 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	Ugh, sorry, ignore that last useless message.
>
> On Thu, 19 May 2005, David Jencks wrote:
>> I've been rolling an idea around in the back of my mind of having
>> these
>> few "attributes" not stored in the gbean data itself but obtained from
>> some kind of properties gbean that gets them from a local file.  I
>> don't have a strong opinion on whether this is likely to work or be a
>> good idea.
>
> 	It's possible.  However, what about enabling/disabling SSL, AJP,
> IIOP, and stuff like that?  Swapping Tomcat/Jetty?

These involve changing which gbeans are present, not changing gbean
attribute values.  The storage format is irrelevant to this.
>  Reconfiguring a
> database pool with new pool paremeters?

I'm not sure anything except "max size" should be reconfigurable.  In
any case, there aren't very  many parameters here and the ones you
might change are all numbers or strings and would fit easily in a
properties file.  Changing the security or local/xa setup should
involve a redeploy.
>   Many GBeans are involved, or many
> settings -- the local file would get pretty complex and extensive, I
> think.

I think we'd have to try it out and see.

thanks
david jencks