geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Why are gbeans not serialized but the gbean attributes are?
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 14:24:20 GMT
Srinath,
	There are several easy solutions to attributes you don't want to
Serialize -- such as transient, read/writeObject, or Externalizable.  So I
don't think the reason is simply that it would be hard to deal with the
magic attributes.

	Of course, I'm not sure what advantage there would be to requiring
that all GBeans be Serializable, either, since generally speaking they
won't work if transferred somewhere over the network without speal
reconstruction support on the other side...

	The more interesting question is Hiram's point on providing more
advanced support for attribute contruction.  This seems to be one of the
advantages Dain's Spring-based kernel provides.

Aaron