geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Serialization vs. XML - NOT NOW PLEASE
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 13:55:56 GMT
	Need we use all caps for this?  It seems kind of impolite.  Also, 
who is authorized to decide when a discussion "has gone on long enough"?

	Finally, I disagree.  I don't want to just drop the ball for an
indeterminate period of time (or at least, what seems indeterminate to
anyone who's not privy to the TCK testing status).  I can understand that
you might not want to actually change the implementation in mid-stream if
it's going to affect the testing process -- but surely we (especially
those of "we" who are not actively TCK testing) can discuss and
investigate some options in the mean time.  I promise to call a vote
before making a change that could derail the certification testing.  :)

Thanks,
	Aaron

P.S. My biggest objection to this is really the "after certification" 
part, where we're not actually allowed to say how long we think that will 
be.

On Thu, 19 May 2005, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> This discussion has gone on long enough - please can we put it on hold 
> until after certification.
> 
> For those discussing dualing implementations - PLEASE CAN WE PUT IT ON 
> HOLD UNTIL AFTER CERTIFICATION.
> 
> For those planning on changing the kernel to use XML - 
> <bold><flashing><underscore>
>    PLEASE CAN WE PUT IT ON HOLD UNTIL AFTER CERTIFICATION
> </underscore></flashing></bold>
> 
> --
> Jeremy
> 
> 

Mime
View raw message