geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Geronimo izpack installer configuration files
Date Sat, 14 May 2005 03:35:59 GMT
On Thu, 12 May 2005 sissonj@insession.com wrote:
> +1.  It would be nice if we could speed up the installation process, it is
> very tedious changing port numbers manually, enabling Tomcat etc.  I'll
> have to read up on Izpack.

	OK, you got me going -- I'm working on make the assembly target
generate the proper config files and Geronimo layout to build the
installer.

> I read that Izpack 3.8 (not yet released) will be ASF 2.0 licensed and a
> maven plug-in is being developed for it.  Maybe I should wait till it is
> released.

	I don't really fancy waiting all the way.  We can use the Ant
integration from Maven, I hope, and switch later.  Unless you know of a
preliminary Maven plugin we could try?  We do need to use a CVS build to
get the integrated patch that lets us associate processes with packs (that
is, only install a plan if the user selected the category that contains
the plan).

	I think we can have this working pretty easily if we get a build
of the IzPack compiler (meaning installer assembler) on one of the
informal Maven repos (Codehaus or something).  Anyone know more about
that?

Aaron