geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Geronimo izpack installer configuration files
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 01:44:43 GMT
	I did the original izpack routine.  However, it needs a bit of an
update.  I originally needed a small change to izpack so that certain
post-install processing tasks (or maybe config screens, I've kind of
forgotten) would only run if the corresponding options were checked during
the selection phase.  Now izpack has moved on, so we'll probably need to
either adjust our config files or change the patches.  I can poke around a
little to refresh my memory if that would help.

	There's another issue, which is that the process as described on
the Wiki just says "substitute values in plans".  What this means is,
where the plan has a hardcoded username, port, etc. you should put in an
izpack variable so the user can configure that during installation.  We
talked about variable-izing the plans to begin with, so the default
assembly target can substitute the appropriate defaults, and izpack can
substitute its stuff, and then there's only one set of plans to maintain.
This should really be done -- it's not very maintainable otherwise.

	In any case, I'll put the attachments on the Wiki page.

Aaron

P.S. Looks like JBoss is going to be using izpack too, FWIW