geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Lamote <phlam...@mac.com>
Subject Geronimo M4
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 21:09:59 GMT
Hi,

Browsing through the Geronimo Website, I came across a page "Roadmap"
but this was with a perspective to the past, not the future...
So I was wondering, as M3's been ... half a year now, whether perhaps
M4 would come out shortly, and if so, when.
& Whether it would be a good idea to add a future oriented roadmap in
the site as well. Combined with features, this would (amongst others)
provide developers with a means to -justified- choose & "lobby" for
Geronimo beforehand. (and with an idea to when to join the party)

I understand people are lobbying to be certified and are reluctant to
release smth else beforehand, but for us, developers, it's equally
important to get our hands dirty with recent stuff, to be able to
play with the goods so that, whenever it indeed becomes fully
compliant, we can use it right away in mature and experienced fashion.
Releasing an M4 asap would allow us to invest in learning curve *now*.
This is a different matter than being fully compliant, which will
give us an official means to justify the choice for G to our hierarchy.
Remember JBoss: it was not certified for a long time but I don't
remember devs not using it for this reason. (& of course afterwards
it was easier to justify)

Best Regards,
Philippe Lamote
Belgium