geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Module restructure
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 22:33:49 GMT

On May 27, 2005, at 4:25 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> Yea, I was just about to post that.  Stable/unstable refers to
> branches.

But jeremy is right here (but forgot to say it) - because we're using
SVN, you want to keep the branches in a separate root so that

   svn co geronimo

doesn't bring down every branch, but just gets you the current head.

As long as we're in the same SVN repo, the fact that we have
different roots is irrelevant from the POV of making copies (aka
"branching"), but it's a big help for users.

geir

geirm@apache.org