geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stable/Unstable/Sandbox
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 16:23:29 GMT

On May 31, 2005, at 12:19 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

>     Fine with me, though I'm not sure we really need sandbox --
> unstable is unstable, right?  Whatever.

Well, maybe.  For example, refactoring $foo is a lot different than
adding something new and strange, or dropping in some code for people
to decide how to introduce into the mainline, etc.

>     Are we planning that these locations are for modules, and the
> kernel and assembly/assemblies will be maintained outside of this
> structure?

Good questions :)

I think that assemblies should be outside, because there are lots of
interesting assemblies that people might want to do that aren't
J2EE.  For example, a simple Geronimmo server (no API stakc), a
simple servlet/jsp stack, etc...

geir

geirm@apache.org