geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark <delafran_j...@hotmail.com>
Subject Deploying a WebApplication containing a WebService
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 04:11:56 GMT
Hey everybody,

Before I dive into the code, I was wondering if:

- Geronimo will allow me to deploy a webapp that contains a webservice?
- If there are any extra steps that are necessary besides the standard
"java -jar deployer.jar myweb.war"?
- Somebody has seen the following error:

 > java -jar deployer.jar --user system --password manager --verbose
true --syserr true deploy w:\WebServices\HelloWorld\target\myweb.war
Deployer operation failed:
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Wrong kind of web
service described in web service descriptor: expected POJO(Servlet)
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.InternalKernelException:
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Wrong kind of web
service described in web service descriptor: expected POJO(Ser
vlet)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.jmx.KernelDelegate.invoke(KernelDelegate.java:202)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:92)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:63)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Wrong kind of
web service described in web service descriptor: expected POJO(Servlet)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.axis.builder.WSDescriptorParser.parseWebServiceDescriptor(WSDescriptorParser.java:325)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.axis.builder.WSDescriptorParser.parseWebServiceDescriptor(WSDescriptorParser.java:372)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.axis.builder.AxisBuilder.parseWebServiceDescriptor(AxisBuilder.java:104)

I have attached my web.xml and webservices.xml.

Thanks
mark