geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject ANN: Spring Kernel
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 05:38:39 GMT
I have just committed a demonstration Spring based Geronimo server.
This server uses a spring.xml file to configure the server and
actually uses the GBean.org Spring based kernel instead of the
existing Geronimo kernel to wire together services.

The new code is located in sandbox/spring-assembly and you can try
out the new server with the following:

% cd sandbox/spring-assembly
% maven
% java -jar target/geronimo/bin/spring-server.jar org/apache/geronimo/
DebugConsole

Once the server finishes booting, open http://localhost:8080/debug-tool

The demonstration server is not fully working, so your milage may
vary.  If you are interested in helping making this a fully working
server, please try it out and let me know what you don't like and
what is broken (and then submit a patch).

-dain