geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Arentz <stefan.are...@norad.org>
Subject Re: Module restructure
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 18:34:29 GMT

On May 27, 2005, at 8:25 PM, Brian K. Wallace wrote:

> I'm not a committer, nor have I been more than an observer to what
> Geronimo is doing and where it's going - primarily because everything
> I've seen has placed it in the JBoss realm. I've used JBoss for
> quite a
> while and am always amazed at the functionality it has ingrained in it
> for which I just have no use. Most of my time spent upgrading is in
> finding out how to turn things off that have changed.

Security-wise it is also a nightmare. There is so much stuff running
in the container that I have no idea of. I usually bind the instance
to localhost and do port translation for those TCP/IP services that
need to be exposed, but even then there are still many ways to
connect to it from localhost that could potentially expose
information or give control to unauthorized people.

  S.