geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Module restructure
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 20:18:58 GMT
On 5/30/05, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geirm@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm too dim to figure out how, because no matter what, since there is
> no notion of a tag or branch, no matter how you slice and dice,
> either you branch to a different root when you cut a version, or you
> have to get the whole history anytime you checkout anything...

On many other projects, I have always relied heavily on tagging. All
work is conducted on the HEAD unless it's highly experimental and then
it occurs in its own branch. Once the HEAD is ready for a release I
tag it and do the release. But I can see the value in keeping things
separate as in trunk and sandbox. The tagging can then take care of
stable vs. unstable.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project