geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo subprojects?
Date Sun, 29 May 2005 06:08:09 GMT

> Each subproject has an inherent amount of overhead.  For example,
> each subproject needs a separate project management committee, each
> one will need to produce releases (not an easy task) and so on.  I
> would sat that "there is a demonstrated desire" when we have enough
> people showing up to handle the overhead and work on the code.  I
> personally would say one person is not enough, and seven is more then
> enough.

I don't think that every subproject needs it's own PMC unless it's a
subproject wholly separate from the existing Geronimo modules. For
example, if the Spring kernel were brought in as a subproject, it
would need its own PMC, but I don't think splitting up the existing
modules and forming individual PMCs is necessary.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/