geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Module restructure
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 23:14:46 GMT
On 5/27/05, Jeremy Boynes <jboynes@apache.org> wrote:

> One of the reasons for going with a modular structure in the first place
> was to make the totality more manageable while still being able to
> develop each module. For small projects I would agree it is probably not
> worth it, but most large distributed projects have gone that way: look
> at HTTPD + mod_*, Tomcat + commons-*, Maven + plugins, Eclipse +
> plugins, ...
>
> The community is asking for subsets of functionality - we should use the
> module structure to give it to them rather than waiting for a release at
> the global level (especially with the overhead of certification testing).

Are you now talking about what should be distributed to users as
opposed to the dir structure of the SVN repo? Or are you talking about
the two as one in the same (i.e. certain subsets of the project should
be reflected in the SVN repo dir structure, not hidden in the build
scripts)?

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project