geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Geronimo subprojects?
Date Sat, 28 May 2005 16:38:10 GMT
I just read through the long "Module restructure" thread, and it to
me is seems like many people are talking about how we break Geronimo
into subprojects without using the word subproject.  The goals of the
"Module restructure" thread seem to be:

1) allow modules to branch to unstable without requiring the geronimo
trunk to take unstable code
2) allow modules to have independent release cycles so they don't
have to wait for geronimo trunk

Regardless what we call it, that is a sub project.  I think we should
bite the bullet and talk about what sets of functionality make sense
as a subproject.  For example, I think there is a demonstrated desire
to have a TX/JCA subproject in Geronimo.

View raw message