geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo JCA
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 04:04:04 GMT
Basically I don't think you should have any problems running the jca
container and the tm in something other than the geronimo kernel.  The
only real geronimo dependency I can think of at the moment is that
connection factory serialization/deserialization currently relies on
looking up the actual connection manager instance in the geronimo
kernel.    If you don't need to support cf serialization (I think it's
pretty silly) you may be able to just ignore this :-).

Please let me know if you run into problems or need tweaks to the code.
  I would prefer if possible to support use in other containers without
making people copy and modify the code.

thanks
david jencks