geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Module restructure
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 00:56:32 GMT

On May 30, 2005, at 8:10 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> On Mon, 30 May 2005, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>> Well, it does if you want to avoid getting the entire history of the
>> project when you do a co.  That's really the issue.
>>

>     That's really a layout issue.  You put the trunk, branches, and
> tags, "somewhere".  If you put them all under the same parent, and
> check
> out the parent, then sure, you get a lot.  If we want to avoid that
> problem, we need to find a layout with better "parents" so you if
> you grab
> the right parent(s), you get only what you want and nothing else.

Right - and it's not an issue w/ CVS, which is how most of us think
about this.  We forget (or I do) that you have to change model w/ SVN.

That's why it's become a layout issue.

The bigger issue, which started this, was jeremy's suggestion that we
get a stable track for things that doesn't interfere w/ people
experimenting.

geir

geirm@apache.org