geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to build Geronimo offline.
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 04:51:34 GMT
kishor wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm new to Geronimo,
> I want to build Geronimo offline, Don't want Maven to download jars at build
> time,
> Can any one tell me where I will get the docs ?

First time through it is much easier to build online to get all the
dependencies. After that:

$ maven -o

If bandwidth is a big problem, you can download a lot of the
dependencies in one go by just trying to build the assembly module:

$ cd modules/assembly
$ maven build:start

and then go back to the root and build offline. A few modules not used
by assembly will not have been downloaded resulting in failures in those
modules. You can build those using

$ maven -Dmodules=${failed_module}

Painful, but a possible workaround to avoid all the snapshot checks.
--
Jeremy