geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap / Things-to-do
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 17:07:41 GMT
I'll start...here are a few...

1) A nice usable, and polished management console.
2) A GUI configuration tool that allows you to add/remove components,
where the result is a set of plans with your custom configuration. (No
more XML hacking for the newbies out there).
3) True clustering (I don't know the status so this may already is being
dealt with) with rolling deployments similar to BEA (i.e. deploy but
don't activate until I say I am ready).
4) True hot deploy/undeploy (is this working? or does it need work?  I
have been somewhat unsuccessful without some form of restart)
5) Sniffable deploy directory.  It would be nice to drop EAR/WAR/etc in
a directory and have it auto deploy.

Jeff