geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo subprojects?
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 19:28:22 GMT

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On May 28, 2005, at 1:41 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>
>> I think I wrote something a little confusing...let me clarify...
>>
>> What we do to a subset of Geronimo has impact on the whether it
>> passes.  However if Geronimo passes the TCK, then a subset would
>> include the features that passed.
>

> Technically speaking, you couldn't make that claim.

Does the law of transitivity not apply here?  If Jetty passes the TCK,
would its use on its own in a Geronimo Lite (i.e. G + Jetty only) not
mean that we are using the passed component for web?

My point was:

Full G Change (where it passes) ---> G Lite contains passed code.

but

G Lite is changed -----> May impact full G's passing of TCK.

Please clarify how this claim may not be valid.

Jeff