geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <>
Subject Re: Module restructure
Date Sat, 28 May 2005 00:01:19 GMT

Jeremy Boynes wrote, On 5/27/2005 7:52 PM:

> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> I don't particularly care for odd/even designations for
>> stable/unstable.  Maybe that was a coincidence in your example.
> I'm not tied to any of the names - it was deliberate but illustrative.
> I do think it would be useful for users to be able to tell just from a
> jar's name whether it was stable or not.

Anything in trunk or branch is unstable.  Anything in tag is stable.

>> We can easily support your scenario and keep w/ standard SVN usage by
>> doing:
>> geronimo/transaction/branches
>> geronimo/transaction/tags/1_0
>> geronimo/transaction/tags/1_2
>> geronimo/transaction/tags/1_3
>> geronimo/transaction/tags/2_0
>> geronimo/transaction/tags/2_3
>> geronimo/transaction/trunk
> The problem I saw with that was how someone would easily check out the
> whole tree in order to build from source. I think DB had the same
> concern.

Hmm, that's a good point.  I think that your example suffers the same
problem, no?  I think that you either are able to treat modules as
separate projects and get the configurability that you want or you get a
nice way to svn co; I'm not sure that we can get both.

View raw message