geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Module restructure
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 23:52:30 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> I don't particularly care for odd/even designations for
> stable/unstable.  Maybe that was a coincidence in your example.

I'm not tied to any of the names - it was deliberate but illustrative. I
do think it would be useful for users to be able to tell just from a
jar's name whether it was stable or not.

> We can
> easily support your scenario and keep w/ standard SVN usage by doing:
>
> geronimo/transaction/branches
> geronimo/transaction/tags/1_0
> geronimo/transaction/tags/1_2
> geronimo/transaction/tags/1_3
> geronimo/transaction/tags/2_0
> geronimo/transaction/tags/2_3
> geronimo/transaction/trunk

The problem I saw with that was how someone would easily check out the
whole tree in order to build from source. I think DB had the same concern.

--
Jeremy