geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Module restructure
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 20:11:51 GMT
Stefan

This is exactly what we have been aiming for :-)

To a large extent you can already do this today. You can mix-and-match
the different modules simply by providing a custom configuration plan.

As a concrete example, this is what we did at Gluecode to build the JOE
SE product which aimed at filling your <VOID>: Servlet + JSP + JMS +
services such as deployment, transactions and database access.

Geronimo is not a J2EE monolith - it is a collection of system services
and a kernel to bind them together. What we certify is a J2EE monolith
because it has to pass *ALL* the CTS tests but that is just one
assembled form.

--
Jeremy