geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integration of Geronimo modules (Tx / JCA) in Spring
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 15:40:19 GMT
Thierry Templier wrote:
> Thanks a lot David! Your answer helps me a lot...
> I'm working on the application to use TM and connector
> modules without the entire Geronimo server.
> I'm using Tranql to configure datasource. I see that
> tranql connector doesn't support XA transactions
> according to the ra.xml file... Is it possible to
> create a datasource that supports XA transactions with
> Tranql basing a non XA JDBC driver?
> Thanks for your help.
> Thierry

The TranQL connector stuff is really a framework that handles the J2CA
interface and which can form the base for wrapping any JDBC driver. The
generic connector uses this framework to wrap JDBC using the Driver
interface which is why is does not do XA.

There is an implementation at tranql for Oracle (vendors/oracle module)
which supports XA with Oracle. You can also look at the derby-connector
module in Geronimo for one that supports Derby.

If you have a different database it should be fairly easy to add a
bridge for it.

--
Jeremy