geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging in Tomcat
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 11:45:26 GMT
Lets get this out for discussion.  AFAIK, currently Jetty does not come
with these things automatically enabled (correct me if I am wrong but
did not notice a config for Jetty).  Deployer and client do, but I do
not see Jetty.

Therefore, I think we need to be consistent...if we make this change,
then I would assume Jetty need to would also.

So, whats the consensus on this?  Do we allow the web containers to
automaticlly log to a new file out-of-the-box, or leave it in the
geronimo.log?  And instead of Tomcat logging to a tomcat.log, would it
be more prudent to go to a generic web.log, so matter which container
you use, you know where it will go?

Thoughts?

Jeff