geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tom McQueeney <...@mcqueeney.com>
Subject Fix for GERONIMO-646
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 05:45:56 GMT
I submitted a patch for bug GERONIMO-646,
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-646, to fix a problem if a
Jetty web app calls HttpServletRequest.isUserInRole with a null string.
If no one objects to my solution of having the method return false if
the role is null or an empty string, would someone kindly commit the
patch to JAASJettyRealm.isUserInRole?

I also submitted a patch to the WebRoleRefPermission constructor to
throw an IllegalArgumentException if the role name is null or empty. JSR
115 prohibits a role from being null or empty.

I also submitted a patch to add a test to WebRoleRefPermissionTest.

Thanks. Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Tom