geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Kopylenko <dkopy...@rutgers.edu>
Subject Re: Integration of Geronimo modules (Tx / JCA) in Spring
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 20:50:35 GMT

> I'm not sure what XAPool is.  Our strategy for jdbc, both  xa and
> non-xa, is to wrap the driver into a j2ca connector and deploy that in
> the j2ca framework.  There are several such j2ca-jdbc wrappers: the
> one we are using (we wrote it) is at the tranql project at codehaus
> under connector.  By default it only wraps non-xa drivers. There's
> also a (probably broken by now due to lack of updates) oracle specific
> adaptation.  We also have a derby-specific xa wrapper inside geronimo.

The XAPool is a standalone connection pool for XA-capable datasources:
http://forge.objectweb.org/projects/xapool/  I'm familiar with that, so
may be Thierry, Juergen could comment on that. So instead of using
XAPool, we should really be looking at using (and therefore configuring
everything) Geronimo's tranQL based XA-capable pool...