geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Geronimo JCA
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 00:04:55 GMT
Dmitriy Kopylenko wrote:
 > Hi Dain,
 >
 > thanks for the reply. We'll post do the dev-list. One more thing. Would
 > it be feasible to package TM and Connector (with pool impl) as as a
 > separate, reusable modules, let's say geronimo-tx.jar and
 > jeronimo-jca.jar or something to that effect?

Cool stuff :-) Couple of thoughts...

The transaction and connector modules already create separate artifacts
(geronimo-transaction and geronimo-connector) that you can grab from a
Maven repo. All you would need to do is create a configuration plan for
your setup and build that (using the deployer) - you can create a
standalone executable, a bundle that can run in a Geronimo server, or a
hybrid where you control the Geronimo kernel and load in the
configuration bundle.

On the legal front, although the Geronimo codebase is Apache licensed,
the JCA specification itself is released under a license from Sun. You
should review the specification license if you are looking to call this
a JCA implementation.

--
Jeremy