geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HUMOR] Re: [POLL] API and Implementation serialization compatibility and upgrading
Date Sun, 15 May 2005 04:50:45 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> hehehe...problem is i just added some Serializable stuff in axis w/o
> even thinking about it because Geronimo guys told me they needed it.
> now, i can't change it :(

Muhahaha, that'll teach you to be helpful ;-)

I don't know what you changed but please remember that we are talking
about compatibility at the release level, not continuously, not at every
SNAPSHOT. My understanding of the Axis integration is that we are still
using an unstable build (a particular patch level) and so should not
expect, er, stability until an official release.

This is just normal software engineering - things change during
development but stabilize at release points - that's why we do releases.

--
Jeremy