geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: More Tomcat Updates
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 02:41:31 GMT

 > sissonj@insession.com wrote:
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Great work!

Thanks!

> In your the example SSL configuration in
> geronimo\modules\assembly\src\plan\j2ee-server-tomcat-plan.xml , the
> connector attributes minProcessor and maxProcessor have been deprecated
> (according to the Tomcat doco).  AFAICS, from reading the Tomcat mailing
> list the maxThreads, minSpareThreads and maxSpareThreads attributes
> should be used instead.

I used the example setup from
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html which
appears to be the official documentation for Tomcat 5.5 SSL
configuration.  I am more than happy to remove those parameters and use
the threaded versions...if you can direct me to those new parameters and
the Tomcat pages explaining that they should be used in lieu of the
processor version (for 5.5.9).  Thanks for pointing this out.

> FYI.. I haven't been able to find any links to
> http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Tomcat on the Wiki (maybe this was
> intended at this stage).

Are you talking about a link off the Front Page or other indexed
location?  No it was not intentional at all.  I definately want the
world to know its available for use.  It may be my own ignorance of the
Wiki's setup, and perhaps there already is an index page...I would very
much like to have the Tomcat Wiki description on an index of some form.
  I am open to being educated on this subject ;-)  In the mean time, if
anyone has a good location for the link, let me know or just go ahead
and add it ;-)

Jeff

--
Jeff Genender